Today there is this misleading tendency of people who claim to be self-made woman or man, self- made billionaire or self made this or that.. this is not a reality. We need one another in order to be successful in life.
Most often those who claim to be self-made billionaire in reality they have mentors.
- Parenting is very important when it comes to being a successful person. Parents are your first mentors. If they teach children good daily success habits, they’ll struggle less in life.
- Teachers can reinforce the mentoring children receive at home from their parents, or step in to provide the success mentoring absent at home.
- . Finding a mentor at work you admire, trust, and respect can lead to success in life. Choose someone at least two levels above your rank.
- Mentors don’t have to be real relationships. Sometimes the best source are found in books, particularly books about successful people.
- Also called “the school of hard knocks,” you can mentor yourself by learning from your own mistakes. “This is the hard path to success, because those mistakes and failures carry significant costs in both time and money,” says Corley. “But this is also the most powerful type of mentoring you can get, because the lessons you learn are infused with intense emotion and never forgotten.”